This Consent to Electronic Delivery (“Consent”) applies to any account you have, or will have, with Peoples Bank (any of which, an “Account”), including, but not limited to, checking, savings, money market, certificates of deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts, loans and lines of credit. and remains in effect until withdrawn. “Documents” means any customer agreements, amendments, applications, disclosures, notices, statements, tax information (such as IRS Form 1099-INT), preauthorized electronic funds transfer authorizations and confirmations, privacy policies, notices related to any dispute you might raise under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (availability may vary), notices about the maturity and renewal of your time deposit Account, and all other information related to an account, product or service, which may include any documentation or information we are required by law to provide to our customer (“Customer”, “you” or “your”) in writing.
By signing this Consent to Electronic Delivery of Documents you agree to the following:
- Peoples Bank (“Bank”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may deliver all legal or regulatory Documents associated with the Account, including documentation or information about a change in the terms of your Account(s) or other services.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated in a particular Communication, you may return applications, disclosures, agreements, etc. (including this Consent) to the Bank electronically via email or fax after physically applying your signature(s) to the documents, then scanning and emailing, or faxing to the email address or facsimile number provided by us for such purpose. We may deliver the Documents to you via the following methods: (A) by posting a notice and making the information available to you in our online banking service (“Online Banking”); (B) by sending the information to an email address you have provided to us; (C) by sending the information to a wireless device you have designated to us; (D) by posting to a website that the Bank may designate, as permissible by law; and/or (E) any other electronic means you and the Bank have agreed upon such as facsimile or other means. Delivery of electronic Documents by any of these means will be considered to be “in writing” and will have the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications.
- For electronic statement delivery (the “e-Statement Service”), you must be enrolled in Online Banking and you agree to allow 7-10 business days for enrollment. A test e-mail will be sent and unless the Bank receives a response indicating the email was not received, you will receive an e-mail notification when the next monthly statement will be available for retrieval in Online Banking. If you do not receive your electronic statement, you may request a paper statement at no charge for up to 30 days after the statement date. After this time period, any request will be subject to the charges noted on the Schedule of Fees.
- You agree to notify the Bank promptly of any change in your contact or delivery information, such as email address or phone number. You may notify the Bank by sending a secure message via Online Banking, by calling 1-877-802-1212, or at any Peoples Bank business center.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Documents by sending a secure message via Online Banking, by calling 1-877-802-1212, or at any Peoples Bank business center. We may treat an invalid e-mail address (even if it were previously valid) as a withdrawal of your consent to receive Documents electronically. We will not charge you a fee to process the withdrawal of your consent. However, if you withdraw your consent for any reason (including changes in computer hardware or software required), the Bank will discontinue your electronic account services and the Bank may change the deposit account product you are using (please see Section 6 for other potential consequences resulting from your withdrawal of consent).
- If you withdraw your consent or fail to give us an updated or corrected e-mail address, the Bank may also close any account opened through peoplesbanknc.com or which requires electronic delivery as a feature and mail the balance in your Account to the last known mailing address and/or transfer the funds in any such Account to another similar type of deposit account that the Bank offers at that time through its usual retail channels. The Bank, in its sole discretion, may in decide what type of account is similar to your existing Account. This replacement account may pay a lower rate of interest, have a lower Annual Percentage Yield, higher fees, and/or have a different maturity date (if applicable). In addition, if your Account is a time deposit account, an early withdrawal penalty may apply if the Account is closed before its maturity date.
- You may print or save copies of the electronic Documents from the electronic files sent to you. You may also request paper copies of the electronic Documents by sending a secure message via Online Banking or by calling 1-877-802-1212. There is no fee for paper copies, except for electronic statements requested over 30 days after the statement date, as set forth in Section 3.
- The minimum hardware and software requirements to access and retain the electronic Documents are: Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (version 11.0 or higher), Chrome or Firefox that supports 128 bit encryption, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader (version 9.0 or higher), an e-mail account with an Internet service provider and e-mail software, and a computer with an operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet with sufficient electronic space to view, store or print as needed, the Documents.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the extent we may have breached any of our obligations regarding the e-Statement Service, you agree that your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the e-Statement service. THE BANK MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE E-STATEMENT SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS UNLESS, AND THEN ONLY TO THE EXTENT, DISCLAIMING SUCH WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.