Mobile banking gives you even more flexibility!
Use your smart phone or tablet to access your accounts anywhere, anytime.
Use the Peoples Bank app to pay bills, transfer funds, check balances, deposit checks, pay friends and more. It's convenient and secure. Enrollment is easy and the service is free (text and data rates may apply.)
New to mobile banking? Start here.
Use our mobile app on your smartphone or tablet Most popular
- Download our app using the links here or by searching “The Real Peoples Bank” on the App Store or Google Play, or browse on your mobile phone to mobile.therealpeoplesbank.com
- Enter the same Access ID and Passcode you use for online banking to log in
- Answer the security question, accept the Terms of Service and enter your phone number
To enroll in Text (SMS) banking:
- Log in to online banking from your computer
- Go to the User Services menu, under the Manage Account section, click on Mobile Enrollment
- Click Add Mobile Device
- Enter your carrier and phone number and accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Text (SMS) Banking
- Make a note of your activation code. This page will also have texting codes under the Useful Information section.
- Your phone will receive a text message confirmation.
- Reply to the confirmation text with the activation code and you’re in.
Already a mobile banker? Now try mobile check deposit with our app. Just sign, snap and deposit!
Mobile check deposit is a convenient way to deposit your checks. Here are a few important things to know:
- The service is free, although text and data rates may apply
- You must be enrolled in online banking and have installed and activated the mobile app. Download our guide to enrollment if you need help with this part (1.43MB PDF)
- Your account must be in good standing
- The payee name must match the name we have on file for you (no third-party checks)
- Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- You need good lighting and your phone's camera will focus on the check
- Be sure you capture all four corners of the check
- For consumer accounts, the daily deposit limit is $3,500 per business day and the monthly deposit limit is $7,500 per any thirty (30) consecutive calendar day period
- For business accounts, the daily deposit limit is $5,000 per business day and the monthly deposit limit is $20,000 per any thirty (30) consecutive calendar day period
- Deposits made before 6:00pm will typically be available the next business day. Deposits made after 6:00pm may not be available for 2 business days
- Processing days for mobile deposit are Monday through Friday, except for federal holidays
- Read our step-by-step guide for more information on how the system works
Getting started with mobile check deposit
Remember that you must already be enrolled in mobile banking and have the mobile app installed and activated on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Download our guide to enrollment if you need help with this part (1.43MB PDF)
- Before you begin: Properly endorse your check with signature of payee, “For Mobile Deposit Only” and the Peoples Bank account number. Checks must be payable to the account holder name we have on file. Make sure your check is on a well-lit, flat surface.
- Open the mobile banking app and login. To begin Mobile Check Deposit, tap the “Deposit” tab at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and in menu on Android.
- Select “Start New Deposit” and continue to the check deposit screen. Note: the “Continue” button will appear disabled until all required fields are completed.
- Select either the “Front” or “Back” camera icon to take a photo of your check.
- Align check within the white corners to capture the image. Be sure to take a photo of the check side that matches the helper text: “Front” or “Back” in the viewfinder. When you take a picture of the back of your check, be sure the endorsement is on the right side of the screen.
- Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the “OK” button. If not, simply tap the “X” and try again.
- After you have successfully taken photos of both sides of your check, you will see small previews on the check deposit screen.
- In the “Amount” field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
- Tap the “Account” field to select a deposit-eligible account.
- After all the required fields are completed, the “Continue” button will appear enabled.
- Optional: you may enter your email address to receive an email receipt of your deposit request.
- If there are any errors you will be notified at this time. The Funds Availability Notice is available for review. After reading, tap Continue.
- Select the “Deposit Check” button to finalize and submit your deposit request.
- A summary screen gives you a last chance to review deposit. Select the “Deposit Check” button to submit. “Deposit Received” will appear on the top of the screen.
Frequently asked questions for mobile check deposit
Is there a fee to deposit my check with my mobile phone?
There is currently no charge associated with this service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
How do I know if I'm eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Your Peoples Bank account must be in good standing to access the Mobile Check Deposit feature of the app. You must also have a deposit eligible account, such as a checking or savings account, to use this feature.
If you are ineligible for Mobile Check Deposit, you will receive the following message:
“You are not currently eligible for Mobile Check Deposit. Please contact Customer Service at 877-802-1212.”
Can I use Mobile Check Deposit with any mobile device?
You must have an iPhone or iPad (3G or higher) with iOS 4.0 or higher or Android OS version 2.1 or greater to use Check Deposit. Older devices without a camera, iPod touch are not supported. You must also download and install the latest version of the Peoples Bank app.
Are my checks deposited immediately?
Successfully submitting your check images with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. However, the processing time to complete the deposit may vary. Check your “Deposit History” to see your deposit status.
How do I view my deposit history?
- Sign in to the Peoples Bank app and select the “Deposit” tab.
- Select the “Get Deposit History” button and navigate to your check deposit history list.
- Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
- Deposit History shows deposit details from the past 90 days.
What should I do with the paper copies of my checks?
After successfully submitting a deposit with the Peoples Bank Mobile Check Deposit, it is advisable that you keep all original documents in a safe place for your personal records for 60 days.
We also recommend making a note on the bottom of the back of the check as a reminder that you deposited the check via Mobile Check Deposit. For example, you can write “deposited” and the date.
What types of checks can I deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
- Personal checks made payable to you
- Business check made payable to you
- Checks drawn from a United States Bank
The following checks will not be accepted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- US Treasury checks
- Travelers checks
- Savings Bonds
- Any check where the amount is not visible on the check image
What are the limits for deposits made using Mobile Check Deposit?
Consumer accounts: There is a daily limit of $3,500 and a monthly limit of $7,500 (30 consecutive calendar days) per user access ID.
Business accounts: There is a daily limit of $5,000 and a monthly limit of $20,000 (30 consecutive calendar days) per user access ID.
What is the cutoff time for Mobile Check Deposit?
The cutoff time is 6 PM Eastern Time. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for information on deposit availability.
How do I endorse the back of my check?
A properly endorsed check must include all three of the following:
- Signature of payee (checks must be made payable to the account holder)
- “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Peoples Bank account number
Do I get a receipt for my deposit?
Users have the option to include an email address to receive an email receipt when filling out the deposit information screen. The sender of the email will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Encenta is the third party company that created the Peoples Bank app.