TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CAMPAIGN
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at https://peoples-bank-nc.everfi-next.net/ and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entries may be submitted by individuals age 13 and older with parent or guardian permission and the parent or guardian will be considered the contestant. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the state of North Carolina, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Peoples Bank as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, April 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ending Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by completing the Financial Education Playlist titled “Just Getting Started” and submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://peoples-bank-nc.everfi-next.net/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Peoples Bank. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Peoples Bank.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a gift card for Amazon.com in the amount of $100. In the event the Winner is under age 18, the prize will be awarded to the parent or guardian, “contestant.” The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Peoples Bank. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Peoples Bank’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Peoples Bank to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random drawing under the supervision of Peoples Bank. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Peoples Bank shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT PEOPLES BANK‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms & Conditions: Peoples Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Peoples Bank’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Peoples Bank may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Peoples Bank. Peoples Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Peoples Bank has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by a Contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Peoples Bank reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Peoples Bank and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such Contestant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any entry or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, Contestant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Peoples Bank, P.O. Box 467, Newton, NC 28658, USA. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2022.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Peoples Bank, 518 West C Street, Newton, NC 28658, USA.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Facebook is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By checking the box on the entry page, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.