Mobile banking gives you even more flexibility!
- Check Balances
- Pay Bills
- Transfer Funds
- Pay Friends
- Deposit Checks NEW
New to mobile banking? Start here.
Online banking and billpay is available on your mobile device. Enrollment is easy and secure, and the service is free (text and data rates may apply.) To enroll:
- Log in to online banking from your computer
- Go to the User Services menu, under the Manage Account section, click on Mobile Enrollment
- Click Add Mobile Device
- Enter your carrier and phone number and accept the terms and conditions
- Select Text (SMS) Banking or Mobile Banking or both
- Make a note of your activation code
- Your phone will receive a text message confirmation. NOTE: text is NOT required when enrolling in Mobile Banking via browser or app; text IS required for Text (SMS) Banking
- Download our app by searching "The Real Peoples Bank" on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or browse on your mobile phone to www.therealpeoplesbank.com/mobile
- Enter the activation code and your 10-digit phone number when prompted
- Use the same Access ID and Passcode you use for online banking to log in
We've prepared a video that explains how to get started with mobile banking, and prepared some helpful guides than can be downloaded from the links on the right side of this page.
Already a mobile banker? Now try mobile check deposit!
It's as easy as:
Mobile check deposit is a new service from Peoples Bank. Here are a few important things to know:
- The service is free, although text and data rates may apply
- You must be enrolled in online banking and have installed and activated the mobile app. Learn more if you need help with this part.
- Your account must be in good standing
- The payee name must match the name we have on file for you (no third-party checks)
- Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- You need good lighting and your phone's camera will focus on the check
- Be sure you capture all four corners of the check
- Read our step-by-step guide for more information on how the system works
Getting started with mobile check deposit
To get you started, here are some simple step-by-step instructions on how to deposit a check and a few frequently asked questions. Contact Customer Service at 877-802-1212 or if you have any questions. Remember that you must already be enrolled in mobile banking and have the mobile app installed and activated on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Go here if you need help with this requirement.
- Before you begin: Properly endorse your check with signature of payee, “For Mobile Deposit Only” and the Peoples Bank account number. Make sure your check is on a well-lit, flat surface.
- Open the mobile banking app and login. To begin Mobile Check Deposit, tap the “Deposit” tab at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and in menu on Android.
- Select “Start New Deposit” and continue to the check deposit screen. Note: the “Continue” button will appear disabled until all required fields are completed.
- Select either the “Front” or “Back” camera icon to take a photo of your check.
- Align check within the white corners to capture the image. Be sure to take a photo of the check side that matches the helper text: “Front” or “Back” in the viewfinder. When you take a picture of the back of your check, be sure the endorsement is on the right side of the screen.
- Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the “OK” button. If not, simply tap the “X” and try again.
- After you have successfully taken photos of both sides of your check, you will see small previews on the check deposit screen.
- In the “Amount” field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
- Tap the “Account” field to select a deposit-eligible account.
- After all the required fields are completed, the “Continue” button will appear enabled.
- Optional: you may enter your email address to receive an email receipt of your deposit request.
- If there are any errors you will be notified at this time. The Funds Availability Notice is available for review. After reading, tap Continue.
- Select the “Deposit Check” button to finalize and submit your deposit request.
- A summary screen gives you a last chance to review deposit. Select the “Deposit Check” button to submit. “Deposit Received” will appear on the top of the screen.
Frequently asked questions for mobile check deposit
Is there a fee to deposit my check with my mobile phone?
There is currently no charge associated with this service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
How do I know if I'm eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Your Peoples Bank account must be in good standing to access the Mobile Check Deposit feature of the app. You must also have a deposit eligible account, such as a checking or savings account, to use this feature.
If you are ineligible for Mobile Check Deposit, you will receive the following message:
“You are not currently eligible for Mobile Check Deposit. Please contact Customer Service at 877-802-1212.”
Can I use Mobile Check Deposit with any mobile device?
You must have an iPhone (3G or higher) with iOS 4.0 or higher or Android OS version 2.1 or greater to use Check Deposit. Older devices without a camera, such as the iPad and iPod touch are not supported. You must also download and install the latest version of the Peoples Bank app.
Are my checks deposited immediately?
Successfully submitting your check images with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. However, the processing time to complete the deposit may vary. Check your “Deposit History” to see your deposit status.
How do I view my deposit history?
- Sign in to the Peoples Bank app and select the “Deposit" tab.
- Select the “Get Deposit History” button and navigate to your check deposit history list.
- Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
- Deposit History shows deposit details from the past 90 days.
What should I do with the hard copies of my checks?
After successfully submitting a deposit with the Peoples Bank Mobile Check Deposit, it is advisable that you keep all original documents in a safe place for your personal records for 60 days.
We also recommend making a note on the bottom of the back of the check as a reminder that you deposited the check via Mobile Check Deposit. For example, you can write “deposited” and the date.
What types of checks can I deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
- Personal checks made payable to you
- Business check made payable to you
- Checks drawn from a United States Bank
The following checks will not be accepted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- US Treasury checks
- Travelers checks
- Savings Bonds
- Any check where the amount is not visible on the check image
What are the limits for deposits made using Mobile Check Deposit?
There is a daily limit of $5,000 per user access ID.
What is the cutoff time for Mobile Check Deposit?
The cutoff time is 5 PM Eastern Time. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for information on deposit availability.
How do I endorse the back of my check?
A properly endorsed check must include all three of the following:
- Signature of payee
- “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Peoples Bank account number
Do I get a receipt for my deposit?
Users have the option to include an email address to receive an email receipt when filling out the deposit information screen. The sender of the email will be “email@example.com”. Encenta is the third party company that created the Peoples Bank app.